Visiting guidelines are in place to protect the privacy of patients, and to provide a restful, healing environment while allowing patients the comfort of welcomed visitors.
- Visiting hours are 9:00am - 9:00pm, with the exception of parents, grandparents and legal guardians.
- A parent or guardian is strongly encouraged to remain with their child at all times; however, siblings are not permitted to stay overnight.
- Visitation is subject to parent's discretion.
- Children under 12 years of age must have an adult with them at all times.
- Up to 5 people may visit at a time.
- Upon entering/exiting the room, please use the hand sanitizing stations located on the wall.
- You will be asked to complete a visitors list upon admission to the unit. Each visitor will be required to sign in and present picture ID each time upon entering the unit.
The nurse responsible for each patient's care reserves the right to limit visitation based on the needs of that patient and other patients on the unit. Visitors who are not compliant with rules, are loud or disruptive, or disturb the privacy and rest of patients will be asked to leave.
Patients have the absolute right to limit or decline visitors.
Any individual, child or adult who has symptoms of or has been exposed to a communicable illness or infection should not visit hospital patients. Symptoms may include coughing, sneezing, runny nose, fever, rash, diarrhea, or vomiting within the past 24 hours.
Visitors are asked to check with a nurse before bringing food, beverages, medications or electrical appliances to patients.
- The gift shop is located on the 1st floor of The Children's hospital and the 2nd floor of the Tower.
- There is an ATM machine on the 1st floor of The Children's Hospital and the 2nd floor of the Tower.
- The unit has a menu book with phone numbers for area restaurants. Ask your nurse if you would like to see it.
- The Children's cafeteria is located on the 2nd floor and is open for breakfast (7:00 – 9:30am) and lunch (11 – 1:30pm) Monday – Friday. The Tower cafeteria is located on the 2nd floor of the Tower and is open 7 days/week for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7am – 8:00pm. The Tower cafeteria also has a Subway and Dairy Queen, which remain open until midnight.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access is available for patients and visitors.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Visiting Guidelines
In addition to those guidelines listed above, the PICU observes additional guidelines:
- Parents or grandparents (at parent's discretion) and legal guardians have open visitation and may stay with their child 24-hours a day.
- One adult is allowed to sleep in the patient's room overnight.
- Visitation hours are 9:00 am – 9:00pm, with the exception of shift change from 6:30 – 7:30pm. Visitation is subject to parent's discretion.
- 2-3 visitors (including parents) are allowed in the patient room at any given time.
- Siblings are allowed to visit; however, we encourage parents of siblings under the age of 14 to consult with the Child Life Specialist prior to visiting.
- Parent's take full responsibility for siblings visiting the PICU.
- Any child who is not a sibling must be at least 13 years of age to visit.
- All visitors must be free of signs and symptoms of illness.
- Every visitor must follow proper hand hygiene procedures.
- Visitors are asked to refrain from use of cellular phones while visiting.
- Visiting may be temporarily limited at the discretion of medical staff to tend to emergencies or perform necessary procedures.
Complimentary parking is available for patients and visitors directly across from the Murphy Avenue entrance.
The chapel is a quiet place for reflection, prayer and meditation. It is open 24 hours every day and is located on the first floor of TriStar Centennial Tower. To reach a chaplain, please call (615) 342-3911.
In keeping with our campus-wide tobacco-free policy, the use of tobacco products is not permitted inside or outside the hospital or in buildings owned by the hospital.
- Nurse Manager (615) 342-3295
- Assistant Nurse Manager (615) 342-4540
- Nursing Supervisor (615) 342-3908
- Administration (615) 342-3910
- Chaplain (615) 342-3911
- Security (615) 342-2844
- Patient's Room (615) 342-room number