Before Your (Planned) Hospital Admission
Before you even enter the hospital, a number of preparations will be made via phone, including:
- Your pediatrician's office staff will help get approval from your insurance provider (some plans require pre-approval). Ask your insurance provider about costs for which you will be responsible.
- Hospital staff will review your health history.
- Your nursing needs, anesthesia needs (if having surgery), and other care will be planned.
- Appointments will be made for any needed pre-operative diagnostic tests. Use this time to ask any questions you may have, including payment plans available.
The Night Before Your Surgery
- If your child is having surgery, please make sure they do not eat or drink anything (even water) after midnight.
- Your child's doctor may give additional instructions.
What Should We Bring?
We will make every effort to ensure a relaxing environment for your child. As you prepare for your child's visit, consider bringing items that will make them feel "at home." Do they have a favorite stuffed animal or toy? A favorite book? You should also bring personal necessities and toiletries (toothbrush, hairbrush, glasses, etc.).
It is also important that you bring:
- Proper identification and any legal documentation (power of attorney)
- List of current medications
- Insurance card
Each room is equipped with free wireless high-speed internet access that you may connect to from a phone, laptop or tablet device.