Hormone Problems in Children
Every child wants to grow up to be big and strong. If that isn’t happening for your child, it may be a problem with his or her hormones. Whether it’s growth, puberty, diabetes, or another issue related to the hormones and the glands that produce them, a pediatric endocrinologist may be the solution.
Hormones are chemicals that decide how different parts of the body function and determine growth and maturity. Endocrine glands, like the pituitary gland, release hormones into the blood stream for distribution throughout your child’s body. Endocrinology is the science behind these glands and how hormones affect the body.
Pediatric Endocrinologist in Nashville
Our pediatric endocrinologists often see very different problems than endocrinologists who care for adults. Pediatric conditions related to growth and development require special training, and pediatric endocrinologists treat hormone disorders at all stages of childhood and throughout the teen years.
What types of conditions might a pediatric endocrinologist treat?
For a free referral, call TriStar MedLine® at (615) 342-1919.
- Growth problems, such as short stature
- Early puberty or delayed puberty
- Enlarged thyroid gland (goiter)
- Underactive or overactive thyroid gland
- Pituitary gland hypo/hyper function
- Ambiguous genitals/intersex
- Ovarian and testicular dysfunction
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Problems with Vitamin D (rickets, hypocalcemia)